Caim Wellness Center and Spa
FLOAT TANK ( Coming Soon )
What Is Flotation Therapy?
Flotation therapy is simply floating in a tank designed to remove excess stimuli, which in turn helps the body reach a restorative state. The tank itself is filled with highly saturated Epsom salt water that makes the physical body completely and effortlessly buoyant. Floating sessions can last 30, 60 or 90 minutes and are conducted in body-temperature water in a personal tank in which no light or sound can enter, creating a warm, serene, and relaxing environment for mind and body.
Float tanks are also known as isolation tanks or sensory deprivation tanks. While this might not sound like a relaxing therapy, they have recently experienced a resurgence in popularity due to the many, many physical and mental health benefits.
What Are The Benefits Of Float Therapy?
While flotation therapy is by no means a magic cure-all, it can be helpful at managing or improving many conditions. Float tank therapy has been proven beneficial for insomnia, fibromyalgia, digestion, arthritis, autism, muscle strains, addiction issues, and more.
Depriving the senses of stimuli, the float tank allows you to gain access to a state of deep mental and physical peace. Deep relaxation and expanded awareness facilitate healing on many levels. Here is a handy list of 18 benefits of float therapy:
- Promotes calmness and relaxation
- Eliminates fatigue and jet lag and enhances mental clarity
- Improves sleep
- Alleviates stress and energizes and revitalizes body and mind
- Reduces depression and anxiety
- Stimulates left/right brain synchronization
- Increases creativity and ability to problem solve
- Improves visualization and deepens meditation by shifting brain waves from beta to lower frequency alpha, theta, and delta
- Expands awareness, intensifies acuteness of the senses and accelerates learning
- Enhances hypnotherapy and self-hypnosis
- Decreases the production of cortisol, ACTH, lactic acid and adrenaline
- Increases production of endorphins
- Speeds up rehabilitation and recovery
- Relieves pain
- Boosts immune function
- Improves circulation and distribution of oxygen and nutrients
- Reduces blood pressure and heart rate
- Improves athletic performance, helps prevent sports injuries and speeds up the healing process