Caim Wellness Center and Spa
The Procedure: What are we doing to the hair?
Let’s understand the hair structure and what we are doing to it.
Hair is made of protein chains which are held together by physical and chemical bonds. Physical bonds are what we break when styling/washing etc. They are very weak and can be broken with water, heat and humidity. Physical bonds are TEMPORARY and have no permanent effect on the hair at all. These type of changes include heat styling, straightening, curling, rollers etc, in which no chemicals are used.
When lifting or perming eyelashes, we are changing the CHEMICAL bonds. As the hair cools or dries, these bonds are easily reformed.
• Perming lotion’s lift the hair cuticles to enter the cortex and break the disulphide bonds.
• Once disulphide bonds are broken the hair becomes weaker.
Perming lotions contain ammonium thioglycolate. This is a compound that can break disulphide bonds by adding hydrogen to each sulphur atom.
• This will then allow the polypeptide chains to move and slip into their new shape (on your shield/rod).
What is it?
One way to think of a lash lift is like a perm for your eyelashes. Unlike a lash extension, a lash lift simply alters the shape and color of your natural lashes. The treatment involves boosting and lifting each individual lash, before tinting them for thicker, darker, longer looking lashes.
Can you still wear mascara with a lash lift?
You can wear mascara.
Because it's just your natural lashes being curled, you're free to use whatever eye makeup you wish. You just have to wait 24 hours.
What happens if I get my lash lift wet?
Water or moisture should not come in with your lashes for at least 24 hours after a lash lift because water will alter the disulphide bonds in the hair's cortex once they have set via chemical change.
What Can You Not Do After A Lash Lift?
A lash lift perms and curls up your natural lashes, allowing you to flaunt them and feel great! Another great thing about a Lash Lift is that it is a very low maintenance procedure. However, there is a little extra care required over the first 24-48hrs only. Here’s what you shouldn’t do for results to last longer:
• Make sure your lashes don’t get wet
• Do not use makeup products on your eyes/lashes
• Avoid swimming, sauna’s or bathing
• Don’t get other beauty treatments on your face
• Please fight back all temptations to rub the eyes or lashes
• Do not use oil based products or any conditioning treatments/serums on the lashes. It will weaken the effect
• Results of the tint will start to diminish within 2 to 3 weeks as hair grows out and the tint color fades
• Remove eye makeup gently with non-oily remover
• Use a mineral mascara with natural fibers for the best finish
Also, inform me if you’ve recently had an eye infection or irritation, as I advise my clients to wait for the irritation or infection to completely go away before a lash lift and tint appointment.
Following these simple things will prolong the results of your lash lift and tint session. The results can last up to 6 -8 weeks, depending on your individual hair growth cycle, lifestyle and aftercare.
LASH TINT $30
LASH LIFT $90
LASH LIFT AND TINT $100
LASH LIFT, TINT AND BROW WAX $120